SEARCH BLOG FOR ANYTHING HERE!

Monday, July 29, 2013

Panasonic Lumix G5 Deal- Quick Review

Panasonic Lumix G5 Deal- Quick Review

Probably the best deal in Mirrorless right now is the Panasonic Lumix G5 at $301.00 at Amazon.com. Panasonic DMC-G5 Amazon Deal! This camera is loaded with features and has most of what the G6 has (including the same sensor) for about 1/2 the price here. For a mirrorless body, I don't see a better deal out there unless you want a really small body. If you need smaller the GX1 is priced at $299.00 at Amazon right now too. The G5 has everything you need in a camera, an excellent built in EVF, 6FPS, 3" tilt and swivel LCD, awesome video, art filters, excellent resolution, fast auto focus and much more. Read more



Panasonic DMC-G5 Amazon
I've done some preliminary evaluation on the  G5 and its' a very solid camera thus far. Offering useable IQ up to ISO 6400 and having some really good Jpeg quality from my preliminary analysis. It's features are almost too many to list here. I had to give pause, it's just amazing to me that camera prices are getting this low for such a well rounded package. I had to buy one myself just to use alongside my EPL2 (which I adore) and I'm blown away by the G5's ability so far. The G5 is a huge step up from the G3 that I wasn't  too impressed with, even though the sensor is essentially the same. Body only deal here: Panasonic DMC-G5 Body Only Deal


Handling is much improved over the G3 and many small changes add up to a much more pleasant experience!


The handling, feature list, and (much more to follow) are all upgrades over the G3. Although the G6 is tempting right now I'll wait till it comes down in price to scoop one up. The only reason I can see getting a G6 over the G5 at this point is to have a more spacious body with some minor upgrades (and Leica R series like styling). At this price, the G5 gives Panasonic some more sales numbers to add to its tally while getting more users into the m4/3 mount. It's quite a steal and excellent entry body into micro four thirds- and I may highly recommend it. Take a look at the deals with a kit lens or without here: Panasonic DMC-G5 Amazon Deal!



I'll be writing more on the G5 soon, so stay tuned for a full review. Panasonic has yet to completely impress me on their line up of mirrorless cameras, but the G5 may finally be the one that I highly recommend, stay tuned to see!

Carl Garrard

No comments:

Post a Comment